I thought I’d share my New Year’s reading and writing Resolutions with you all (a day early but I don’t think it matters!)
First I want to go back to resolutions I made at the beginning of 2017:
1. Edit my entry for last year’s NaNoWriMo Anya.
I did it! It took me about eight or nine months and I still feel it needs work but I’m quite proud I actually did it as this was the first novel I’ve finished and edited.
2. Start a blog.
Another success but again it took me a while to get started, in fact it was the end of May before I posted for the first time. But now I have over a hundred followers (I have no idea how that happened!) and I post regularly on a Tuesday, Friday and sometimes a Sunday too!
3. Write another novel.
Another sort of success. I completed NaNoWriMo for the second year running but I absolutely hate the story I wrote called The Taken but at least it’s out of my head so I can get on with new ideas.
4. Have a novel published.
This was an out there one even if I say so myself. I was very naive when it came to the world of agents and publishers (not any more). I currently have two rejections under my belt and several no replies.
5. Lose seven pounds.
Another out there one but surprisingly I almost did it. I started last year at 11 stone 9 pounds and I’ve ended at 11 stone and 3 pounds. Little bit proud to be honest.
Okay so my resolutions for 2018 are:
- Do my first Goodreads challenge, I’m thinking of setting my goal at 60 books. (manageable I think)
- Read outside my comfort zone. I have several books on my tbr list that fit the bill (pics are below).
- Read books that have been on my tbr list for more than a year.
- Take part in both Camp NaNoWriMo (the one in April not July) and NaNoWriMo again.
- See if I can edit The Taken into something readable.
- Post a short story/flash fiction on my blog once a month.
- Carry on blogging!
So they are my resolutions 2018, I will post again the end of next year to see how many I actually stuck to! What are your resolutions for the coming year?